Tuesday 7 February 2012

Whoops

Whoopsy daisy. Looks like I have completely failed at keeping this bad boy up to date!

Well a quick catch up is in order!

Where have I been?

Well I got offered a placement at Wildfire Studios, a post production sound studio in LA, for 4 weeks work experience, so strangely enough I bought some tickets and got myself out there! The studios were incredible and it was great to see how things are done at the seriously sharp end. In the end I felt that post production sound isn't quite the area of work I was looking for, but I knew that before I headed out. I would like to Thank Chris David for giving me the opportunity to see what they do and for everyone at Wildfire who welcomed me into to their fantastic business.

But it wasn't all work. I decided that as I was half way around the world anyway I may as well carry on. So I dropped into some friends and family in Australia, and then another friend in Bali before touching down back in England on Christmas eve.

"Well that gets us to Chrristmas, but it's February now!?"

Yeah I know i've been slack, however I have been a bit preoccupied. As soon as I had got back and made it through the festive period I arranged a meeting with a local media based PR company who had mentioned that they might have some free lance work for me. As it turned out James of Wise Monkey Media, was going to be putting out an ad for a full time position. When describing the position he was looking to fill James basically described my ideal job, and left with that feeling of "this has to be too good to be true!" Anyway the basic arrangement is that I have been freelancing with him, almost as an assessment to see if I'm suitable so fingers crossed.

Also as I mentioned in a previous post, I was offered some more work creating accommodation marketing films. This will be for student accommodation in Cardiff and Bristol. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to give the dark art of time-lapse a go. I've had a couple of goes (results below), and every time I learn something new. I am also making myself a DIY time-lapse dolly using my previously mentioned Cineslider and rail setup (picture of progress so far).

Well that pretty much brings you up to date, oh apart from I got an entry to the Scottish Six Days trial, not that means a lot to most of you but basically it means I am trying to fit getting fit (kinda makes sense) in between everything else.

Well that brings you pretty much up to date, gonna make a concerted effort to keep posting at least something once a week (expect some rubbish).

Gonna sign off with a quote from my friend and steady cam operator Matt Alsop "Everyone keeps calling me jammy, but the jam don't make itself"

Time-lapse (effort no 2)


DIY time-lapse slider so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment